How To Become An Interior Designer?
A career in interior designing is the best option for after 12th pass out students. ARTS, COMMERCE, SCIENCE STREAMS students can also join interior designing degree, diploma, and certification courses. interior design could be an excellent career choice for you.
WHAT IS INTERIOR DESIGN?
- Interior designing is all about making interiors spaces more marvelous by organizing with proper structure, furnishing color schemes, and decorations. the interior design process follows a systematic and coordinated methodology, including research analysis and integration of knowledge into the creative process. Whereby the needs and resources of the client are satisfied to produce an interior space that fulfills the project goals.
- An interior designer is someone who plans researches, coordinate, and manages such enhancement projects.
WHAT WILL YOU STUDY IN INTERIOR DESIGN?
When attending an interior design college/institute, your curriculum will consist of a wide variety of courses designed to help you become a well rounded interior designer.
Here are some of the subjects you may study as part of your interior design degree.
- Design principles and practices of space planning and design
- Colour theories and applications
- History of architecture
- Architectural drawing
- Building material and construction
- Computer-aided design(cad) as well as 3d rendering
- Environmental studies
- Measuring and drafting
- Portfolio creation and presentation
- Project management
- You will also need to undergo 6th months of practical training or internship as part of your degree.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCE OF INTERIOR DESIGN, INTERIOR DECORATING,AND ARCHITECTURE?
- Interior design is the science and art of understanding human behavior to create spaces in a building that are functional and aesthetically pleasing.
- The designer will need to have complete professional training and learned to develop a project from a more conceptual point of view.
- Interior decorating is furnishing a space with attractive furniture and décor
- Need no formal training and licensure is not required.
- The architecture includes interior design but it is focused on the aesthetics of the exterior of the building. and taking care of the structure.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR INTERIOR DESIGNING
- 12th in any stream (50% marks)
- Admission process- entrance test
Here are some of the entrance examS that are conducted for the interior design field:
- NATA – NATIONAL APTITUDE TEST IN ARCHITECTURE
(That is conducted by national institute of advanced studies in architecture)
- CEED – COMMON ENTRANCE EXAM FOR DESIGN
(That is conducted for the designing students.it is held in the IIT’s and the Indian institute of science)
- NID – NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF DESIGN ENTRANCE TEST
(That is one of primer design institutes of the country.the institute conducts its own entrance exam for the designing courses)
Bachelor COURSES IN INTERIOR DESIGNING
- BA INTERIOR DESIGN
- BA INTERIOR ARCHITECTURE AND DESIGN
- B.SC. IN INTERIOR DESIGN
- B.DES. IN FURNITURE AND INTERIOR DESIGN
MASTER COURSES IN INTERIOR DESIGNING
- PG PROGRAM IN INTERIOR DESIGN AND STYLING
- M.SC. IN INTERIOR DESIGNING
- M.DES. IN FURNISHING AND INTERIOR DESIGN.
TOP INSTITUTE’S FOR INTERIOR DESIGNING
- NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF DESIGN,(NID) AHMEDABAD, GUJARAT (http://www.nid.edu)
- INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF FASHION TECHNOLOGY(IIFT). CHANDIGARH
- SIR JAMSETJEE JEEJEBHOYE SCHOOL OF ART(SIR J.J SCHOOL OF ART). MUMBAI (https://www.sirjjschoolofart.in/)
- MIT INSTITUTE OF DESIGN (MITID).PUNE MAHARASHTRA (https://www.mitid.edu.in/)
- WORLD UNIVERSITY OF DESIGN (WUD).SONEPAT, HARYANA (https://worlduniversityofdesign.ac.in/)
- AMITY UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW UTTER PRADESH (https://www.amity.edu/lucknow/)
- SAI SCHOOL OF INTERIOR DESIGN.DELHI
- ARCH COLLEGE OF DESIGN AND BUSINESS. JAIPUR (https://www.archedu.org/)
- VOGUE INSTITUTE OF FASHION TECHNOLOGY.BANGALORE (https://www.voguefashioninstitute.com/)
- CEPT UNIVERSITY.AHMEDABAD (https://cept.ac.in/)
CAREER OPTIONS AS AN INTERIOR DESIGNER
There are infinite career option after completing interior designing courses some of them are-
- Interior designer (residential, commercial, office)
- Interior consultant
- Set designer
- 3D VISUALIZE.
- DESIGN JOURNALIST
- Interior design graduates often go on to the interior and architectural firms and consultancies, event management firms, and property development companies.
WHAT ARE THE SKILLS REQUIRED TO BECOME AN INTERIOR DESIGNER
If you want to make a career in interior designing, Communication is key when it comes to interior design as a designer you will meet with clients to discuss their ideas, so it’s essential that you communicate effectively and listen attentively.
The designer should be soft-spoken and convincing. the designer needs to contact the CONTRACTOR, ARCHITECT, and many more people who will assist the designer in completing a project.
CREATIVE AND TECHNICAL
Designers use a systematic approach to achieve interior design solutions that influence the experience inhabitants have within the space. They apply the concept of color theory, design techniques.
Software programs allow designers to show clients what spaces will look like by creating them digitally.
You should have knowledge of cad software. if would be best if you had video editing software. Always search for new projects, new programs, and new software .keep yourself updated all the time.
Interior designers need a strong sense of proportion and visual awareness in order to understand how pieces of a design will fit together to create the intended interior environment.
An interior designer must be well organized. they should be able to deliver the work on time.
Provide excellent service to the client. it will built trust between the client and the customer.
INTERIOR DESIGN CAREER BENEFITS
- Every career has benefits and disadvantages, which go far beyond salaries.
- One of the main advantages of working in this profession is that you get the chance to use your creativity.
- You also have the chance to advance using your specific skills. during this profession, you also have the chance to interact with your clients on a personal level.
- Interior design also has some downsides. working with the people can be highly enjoyable, but you may find that many of the clients you work with have heavy demands, either for what can get done or how much money it will take to complete a project.
- With picky clients, regulations, deadlines, there can also be a significant amount of stress that comes with the job. dealing with stress could be one of your most valuable skills.
HOW IS COMPETITION IN INTERIOR DESGINING
If you have the basic principles and the passion, you can become an interior designer. one way of entering the industry and creating a good impression with potential future employers is to get internships to gain real-world knowledge. Interior design does not have a structured career path or clear promotion –based approach found in many other industries. this is partly due to the very diverse nature of the design world and its liking for self-employment, but also because this is the creative industry. To large extent, interior designers must make their own career initiative, ambition, and individual skill and creativity are the keys to success. Luck can be an important factor too.
Author –Arti Warude
For any queries related to this topic and if you want any post on other subjects. So feel free to suggest us in the comment section.
Frequently Asked Questions
Interior designing is all about making interiors spaces more marvelous by organizing with proper structure, furnishing color schemes, and decorations. the interior design process follows a systematic and coordinated methodology, including research analysis and integration of knowledge into the creative process.
BA INTERIOR DESIGN
BA INTERIOR ARCHITECTURE AND DESIGN
B.SC. IN INTERIOR DESIGN
B.DES. IN FURNITURE AND INTERIOR DESIGN
CREATIVE AND TECHNICAL